Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canmore Overflight

Christ, whine a little bit more.............oops, forgot about all those emotions of yours. You're not in a situation that millions of others haven't been through in the world, and if you've got time to ***** about low flying aircraft on an internet forum, you'd be better served spending your time mopping up water instead.

You seem to have spare time to post here .... perhaps there is a bucket and a mop waiting for you in Canmore.

Been into the Canmore Municipal Heliport a few times but don't really know the history but i would imagine that at one time it was on the outside of town and the town built up around it. (?) I wonder if this flood and the accompanying damage will be the impetus to move the heliport out of town. Surely there is a better place for it with all the buildings, wires and moody weekenders with nothing better to do than play "air police" and not enough room to swing a cat to boot. It really is not the best place except if you are looking for drive by exposure...

W

• Like 1

You seem to have spare time to post here .... perhaps there is a bucket and a mop waiting for you in Canmore.

I would if I wasn't in another province right now, but instead, I'm going to go stand out on the street corner in front of my hotel and take pictures of vehicles breaking the speed limit, so I can send them to the police.........gotta earn my place in the douchebag club so I can get a slap on the back from this crowd.

• Like 1

For those of you who find it necessary to have a look for yourself or profit from the losses of others, consider yourself warned.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your message Teabagger, perhaps it is your delivery?

I have had that problem a few times in the past too....

Just ignore simpleton, guys... at a whopping 22 posts since 2007, he's clearly a major contributor to the forum, and the aviation community at large. Now that he's had his moment in the spotlight, I'm sure he'll return to whatever sad corner of the world he was lurking in before his valued opinion just *had* to be expressed.

Take a hike man.

Hi Chopterlol - unfortunately I don't mean helping. I have been in the industry a long time and I've seen some amazing feats of humanity for the good but, unfortunately, more for the worst. This I know is a synical approach but I can't help it and I know there are operators that will try to make a dime on the backs of people that have lost everything. One of them has recently lost their license due to unethical behaviour. This however is not the point of this post, I simply hope that anyone who is helping the community rebuild will make every effort to limit overflying the built up areas and, as teabagger so eloquently said, the people who don't belong below 1000ft agl stay well above to give Canmore the peace it deserves and doesn't interfere with those a/c that are helping. Safe LEGAL flying to all this season. R

• Like 1