Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RonnyRotor

How many lay offs so far ?

Recommended Posts

Still on salary for the time being but nearly impossible to get back and forth to work overseas.  My back2back and I offered to do two month tours and hopefully things are normalized enough by the end of April to allow my return.  We're considered essential so fingers crossed....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is everyone thinking with this current issue?

 Non essential business closing. Any cases in camp the camps will most likely be shut down 

Domestic flights being cancelled each day. So for those who work in different provinces and need to travel to work, is it now driving crew changes?  And how far are people willing to drive for a shift?? 

spring training classes are being cancelled, does this mean those who are not ppc’d are the first to be let go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

What is everyone thinking with this current issue?

 Non essential business closing. Any cases in camp the camps will most likely be shut down 

Domestic flights being cancelled each day. So for those who work in different provinces and need to travel to work, is it now driving crew changes?  And how far are people willing to drive for a shift?? 

spring training classes are being cancelled, does this mean those who are not ppc’d are the first to be let go?

How's that 6 ft spacing going to work for fire crews in a helicopter...dah!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DGP said:

How's that 6 ft spacing going to work for fire crews in a helicopter...dah!

Two pax in a 212 works for me. One in each penalty box!🤣

If I need to drive from BC to Ontario to feed my children then so be it. Girls gotta eat!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent the last 2 weeks driving back and forth from Vancouver to various Alberta bases to carry out routine maintenance. Sounds like this may be the norm this summer.

I'm speculating that helicopters may be used for bucketing only, or moving minimal crews. Will be an interesting summer for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be a lot of “ let er burn “ unless there are threats to life and property . Probably no standby since there will be unlimited ac available . Maybe weed out some questionable operators this year. Nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as international touring goes, I spoke with a buddy today in Kazakhstan that is stuck there for the next four months, followed by four months off.  Another buddy is stuck in Ghana for the foreseeable future.  I'm SUPPOSED to be back to my government gig in the Caribbean the end of April if the government allows any foreigners in at that time, which will certainly be followed by 14 days quarantine, if I can travel at all.  We proposed two month tours to help out but it may turn into 3 or 4 months...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RonnyRotor said:

Will be a lot of “ let er burn “ unless there are threats to life and property . Probably no standby since there will be unlimited ac available . Maybe weed out some questionable operators this year. Nice

Does it take a pandemic to start dropping water on a fire before 2 in the afternoon, and running rank 5 through the tree tops.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 10:19 AM, MEOB said:

One company here in the East let pretty much let everyone go with the exception of the management.   

I heard that also, but if you're talking about Universal, JSfirm just advertised on this site for them, pilots and engineers, four days ago. May have laid off the person who cancels that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RonnyRotor said:

Will be a lot of “ let er burn “ unless there are threats to life and property . Probably no standby since there will be unlimited ac available . Maybe weed out some questionable operators this year. Nice

The sad part is the questionable ones are the ones who come out on top due to low pay, hiring practices and pencil whipping maintenance.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...