Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Getting the jab

Not sure if the federal government cares where we stand. I personally don’t care if we have to get the jab. I’m more interested to see if our passenger will eventually require it to fly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/news/2021/08/government-of-canada-to-require-vaccination-of-federal-workforce-and-federally-regulated-transportation-sector.html

Let me ask you. Has anyone met anyone who has died or got extremely sick? I've only heard people who know people. None personally myself. Some said common cold or slight flu. Others said hospital stay and lingering effects. And where did the Cold or Flu go in the meantime? I'm pro vaxx but I smell a rat with this thing. (Vaccinated too by the way)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, shakey said:

Let me ask you. Has anyone met anyone who has died or got extremely sick? I've only heard people who know people. None personally myself. Some said common cold or slight flu. Others said hospital stay and lingering effects. And where did the Cold or Flu go in the meantime? I'm pro vaxx but I smell a rat with this thing. (Vaccinated too by the way)

My wife at her job has had both a client and a staff member test positive and the staff member is in the hospital currently... we are both double psizered.... get the stupid shots and quit b****ing... just IMHO....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, twinstar_ca said:

My wife at her job has had both a client and a staff member test positive and the staff member is in the hospital currently... we are both double psizered.... get the stupid shots and quit b****ing... just IMHO....

Stupid shots is correct.  Clotting and heart inflammation sound real good for a medical.  Or I can maybe get it, run it's course and keep my immune system healthy.  Stupid shots because we are finding out that they are leaky and creating the "variants". lol

People don't realize how much our health-care system is screwed because of covid cases taking up spaces in ICUs. Nurses are quitting. They were under-staffed with a high burnout-rate before all this, and they're working under stupid conditions now. How many of us here would be willing to work (long-term) with no vacations/holidays and forced OT, all for something that is largely avoidable. Most provinces have had those emergency measures at some point. Alberta just went back to that because of rising hospitalizations and lack of staff. Some US states with low rates of vaccination are seeing ICUs over-flowing and eating into ER space. Your chances of secondary effects from the vaccine are lower than serious issues if you get covid. And what happens if you get into a serious accident or major health issue? Sorry, ICU/ER is full, so I guess it's tough luck for you?

How much are we willing to f**k the health-care system and increase our taxes to pay for fixing the mess?

• Like 4

You believe that? Lol

I spent a fair amount of time at the hospital last year (not covid) and it was a ghost town.  If staff are getting burnt out, it's because of the ridiculous measures they have to bear.

With a growing and aging population, the hospitalizations should increase. 

Remember those tent hospitals?  How much action did they see?

• Like 2