Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Oh Really!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks for all the advice. Sorry but I just cannot believe that this University thing is something we want or to start a precedent in this industry, so that other folks will follow. How about work hard, pay for a license and go to work! Sounds easy enough! From what I hear it's gotten a heck of allot harder to break into this industry without adding 3 or 4 years of university to the list. just doesn't seem like a requirment.

Hey while where at it let's make criminal record check a requirement. oops there goes 50% of the drivers out there! While we are at it and lets supose its my company why draw the line there, why not make it a requirement to be a over 6'. I am sure no body willl mind! After all its my company and I only want to order 1 size of flight suit, it makes ordering way easier. Oh and no earings of tatoos either!

Get the license and go to work.. end of story!

HF

Who said anything about Canada. ? :blink: But ya its quiet in Canada now,she'll pickup before long. Most of the guys I know have an IFR anyway and if the logging or domestic work is slow there is always something somewhere going on. No worries lots of money in the bank.! It will be a cold day in **** before I work for anybody who is going to lecture me at my age about attitude, I get even more scared when the word "profesional" emerges . This indicate too immediatly that there is a possible control freak or a domination relationship theme . Keep the head games for the young guys where at least there is a chance your going to get away with it. ;):rolleyes:

I'm done! I'll blast off to Cuba for few weeks. Cubra lbre! hmmm.

Job posting, like resumes are loaded with B.S.

One has to realize that to become a pilot you need to be able to read, write, walk and chew gum at the same time. Basically the same requirements to operate a garbage truck.

The university degree requirement is simply a politically correct way of telling potential applicants that they may not be interested in someone who has spent the last 20 years long lining s#it around Bum Phuck Manitoba in a Huge 500.

This sort of candidate may or may not be suitable for taking elderly German tourist for a gentle trip around the falls.

Having said that, there is nothing stopping a person from sobering up, scrapping the moose s#it off their boots and showing up for an interview.

If you do find yourself a reformed angry egg driver hauling tourists around the falls try to resist greeting your passengers with “We’re heavy on fuel so the fat phuck has to get out".

Job posting, like resumes are loaded with B.S.

One has to realize that to become a pilot you need to be able to read, write, walk and chew gum at the same time. Basically the same requirements to operate a garbage truck.

The university degree requirement is simply a politically correct way of telling potential applicants that they may not be interested in someone who has spent the last 20 years long lining s#it around Bum Phuck Manitoba in a Huge 500.

This sort of candidate may or may not be suitable for taking elderly German tourist for a gentle trip around the falls.

Having said that, there is nothing stopping a person from sobering up, scrapping the moose s#it off their boots and showing up for an interview.

If you do find yourself a reformed angry egg driver hauling tourists around the falls try to resist greeting your passengers with “We’re heavy on fuel so the fat phuck has to get out".

hey pull out the skinny girls first the fatty's tip well.

reformed egg driver