Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Permit Freeze

there is alway a topic like that at that time of the year!!

if they freeze work permit, there will be a few company here in quebec unable to respect their contract....they hire foreigner pilot willing to pay to do the job....so that way they can get all the contract at low rates.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they freeze work permit, there will be a few company here in quebec unable to respect their contract....they hire foreigner pilot willing to pay to do the job....so that way they can get all the contract at low rates.

QUEBEC...?

Oh yeah, I forgot about QUEBEC (I wish) ...The very word defines double standard.

Quebec IS a foreign country and should be part of a debate about foreign pilots in Canada.

They are the ultimate protectionist "nation".

Oh yeah, I forgot about QUEBEC (I wish) ...The very word defines double standard.

Quebec IS a foreign country and should be part of a debate about foreign pilots in Canada.

They are the ultimate protectionist "nation".

you know what?...with your attitude...thats why you dont have a job....in french....té rien qu'un ostie de trou du cul!! ;)

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Sounds like a very professional well run company.Get foreigners to come and pay to work.

I feel really sorry for the Quebec company that cant fulfill its contract requirements because they bid it with no pilot costs.Are you #### joking me?

Guest Angry Egg Driver
you know what?...with your attitude...thats why you dont have a job....in french....té rien qu'un ostie de trou du cul!! ;)

I think he doesnt have a job because in his post it says he is "RETIRED" :lol:

You are SO naive.

Who decides if there are no qualified Canadians to fill the posted job........the employer?

Where are these jobs advertised for the 21 days. Their local Tim Hortons bulletin board?

I've never seen an ad for a pilot that says ".....last offer, only 5 days left before we look outside for help" .....and I've been flying since the 70's.

So, like Niagara, simply require your applicant to have a University degree....or speak 4 languages.....or or or or ...........and eventually the only person who can take the job is an old family friend from back home.

You're darn right I'm angry

Angry because this industry is so disorganized and polarized.

There is no minimum standard for anything that affects your ability to advance and earn the respect of your peers, yourself or your family when you are constantly moving from one job to another, one company to another.

Why are you willing to work for less just to "fly" or build hours.

Are you such a whore to the helicopter?

Can't you see the disservice you do to yourself?

The only ones who benefit from an industry that eats it's young are the operators.

And why is there no "industry standard" pay scale you can count on unless you work for CHC.

In Australia there is an award....a contract amount agreed to by the association.

Yes, they have an association. A F*#@ing union !!

Every pilot in Canada is on his own, by design and therefore interested only in himself, for this season, and the operators love it.

What about your future? Have you even though about this job as a career with a future? Something you will retire from?

How can you feel secure in an industry were gypsy pilots are invited, even encouraged, to take the work right out from under your nose.....and you think it's OK, so much so that you defend a system that allows it !

In any other industry they would be called scabs.

Why are you so willing to accept less than the minimum your job can offer?

I'll bet you the cat skinner on your last drill contract made more money and has more job security than you do.......and he doesn't take his life and the lives of others, in his hands every time he goes to work.

And for sure it didn't cost him $70K to get his licence.

Boy, doesn't that say something when I equate the pilot to the cat skinner and not the geologist on the job.

Ya....I'm angry.

But I'm also retired, so this is all academic to me.

I, too, am retired after 40+ years and 20K+ hours.

And I have to agree with everything you have said.

All of us who worked our ***** off made some people (a very few) a lot of money ...

... but we didn't get much in return.

I reckon we are our own worst enemies.