Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Phoenix Heli-Flight Pilot Ad

Guest driver81

NVG, twin time, and the EC 135. I think out of all the companies hiring TFW's this is probably the most legitimate LMO your going to get. At least there not hiring as many of the TFW's as the company down the road from them, and giving out Astar endorsements like there some delicious little Australian candy. Ft Mac is staring to sound like Ft Nelson.

I'm fixed wing. I don't have a stake in this. Sorry for butting in.

Well there goes all his credibility...lol Like it or not...Our industry is drastically different than the fixed wing world...many of us signed up to be Heli pilots because of this fact...

Flying helicopters in Canada is nothing like flying a scheduled route from airport to airport and the business/labour aspects are a whole lot different for those very reasons. When was the last time anyone checked runway conditions for their destination? Oh that's right...most times our destination is unknown and that will likely change three times before we get there.

• Like 1

Phoenix needs to buck up and spend the money on training...plain and simple.

For VFR operations, Phoenix probably spends more money on training per pilot than any other operator in Canada. I assume they are taking the same approach with their EC 135 IFR/NVG program.

I feel many of the issues people have with the abuse of the TFW program are misdirected in this case. The CP at Phoenix has clearly indicated he has an individual in mind, with a set of qualifications, that will provide the company with the level of training they aspire to achieve for their program. If this individual does not exist in Canada, in my opinion, is what the TFW program was designed for.

There are what appears to be significant abuses of the TFW program with a few companies hiring pilots with only a CPL(H) and 1500 questionable hours........this is where the TFW program should challenged.

And no, I do not work for Phoenix.