Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dew Line Contract

The hatred displayed against naturalised Canadians also irritates me. I am one of those former TFW's that came here and became a citizen and i upgraded my qualifications here at my own expense and have been successful in life here. It takes a huge effort to do so. Those who have not done it have no idea of the effort. I addition i have worked for HTS since 2009 and found their machines to be in good order and no late paychecks. Wages have been ok, could have been better at times but i have done well most years with the work they had. You may not like them but they are well ahead of some companies i have had the experience of working for. I have yet to meet pilots who dislike me for being a bloody foreigner but maybe they just don't say anything to my face. Not that i am intimidating in the least. I have met a lot of whiners and complainers though, who don't realise the great job/position they are in. I love this country and i will be here for life! Get used to it.

• Like 1

I think all the naturalized Canadians are not picking up what some are putting down. I certainly have no issue with anyone that has become a Canadian citizen taking a job from me. I do however have an issue with companies bringing in TFW's today with the industry being the way it is right now. There are way to many Canadian our Canadian Naturalized pilots out of work right now.

Face it there are companies out there that post unrealistic ads for employment so no one in their right mind will apply. Then they bring in a TFW. Needless to say they are hired and are not expected to move to these communities. There is no one in the Government that insures these companies make the TFW do what the job ad they applied for says they have to do to get the work. All that is needed to get a work permit is no resumes from Canadian pilots saying they will do what the ad says.

• Like 2

The letter below is why I'm proud to be Canadian. Welcome to all who embody this idea....

Once in a while someone does a nice job of describing a Canadian, this time it was an Australian dentist.

An Australian definition of a Canadian - in case anyone asks you who a Canadian is.

You probably missed it in the local news, but there was a report that someone in Pakistan had advertised in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed a Canadian - any Canadian.

An Australian dentist wrote the following editorial to help define what a Canadian is, so they would know one when they found one.

A Canadian can be English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. A Canadian can be Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, Arab, Pakistani or Afghan. A Canadian may also be a Cree, Metis, Mohawk, Blackfoot, Sioux, or one of the many other tribes known as native Canadians. A Canadian's religious beliefs range from Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or none. In fact, there are more Muslims in Canada than in Afghanistan .

The key difference is that in Canada they are free to worship as each of them chooses. Whether they have a religion or no religion, each Canadian ultimately answers only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

A Canadian lives in one of the most prosperous lands in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms which recognize the right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

A Canadian is generous and Canadians have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return. Canadians welcome the best of everything, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services and the best minds. But they also welcome the least - the oppressed, the outcast and the rejected.

These are the people who built Canada . You can try to kill a Canadian if you must as other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world have tried but in doing so you could just be killing a relative or a neighbour. This is because Canadians are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, can be a Canadian.

Please keep this going! Pass this around the World. It says it all, for all of us.

'Keep your stick on the ice'

The Temporary is very much so now... Only allowed to stay for 4 years, then have to leave the country for and not come back for any purpose for 2 years.

The days of yore when TFW's could come and stay for decades is past, and they just passed new legislation that is making it tougher for employers too, among others, there is rules for minimum pay, and work conditions.

Anyway, I strongly doubt that CHL would hire anyone on TFW to fill the contract requirements, they should have lots of eligible applicants without having to go abroad.