Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Boo-hoo, Wah, Sniff, Sniff...

if the kid can't handle it, fire him. there is NO excuse of verbal abuse and kicking in doors. the excuse of "thats the way it's always been" is ignorant, and doesn;t make it right. there are 10 guys waiting to take his place.

if more ground crew had a pair of balls and stood up for them selves, and refused to be treated like cheap whores, in total violation of dozens of labor laws, this industry might be in a better place.

but those in power know what it's like to need a fix, to crave flying, and the hold it has on you. it's easy to string along the young and unexperienced, pay them peanuts and work their *** off.

it's criminal.

good day amphibious,

i kinda agree whith you.........but....... theres is a couples of thing that i would like to open your mind on. i'm a new pilot myself whith a fair life experience background, i did have to work extremly hard some time, whith man who had worked harder than me, and longer than me beffore, so the point is that where ever the industry, the place, or the poeple you are working whith, you absolutely have to follow the steps that hve been traced beffore you came in.....period. the helicopters industry is shurly one where the pionners had to hard kick there own but harder then you probably can immagine. by comin along these "harder and harder" guys, one thing's for shure, it ain't gona be easy for a yonger who had an easy life. doesn't mean you can't make it! no! it mean that for probabely the first time youre gona meet whith the true hard work of helicopter industry... so when you think things are going a bit to hard on you, have your chess split open half, take the hart out, and make it pump blood whith your hands harder then ever...(metaphore)

try to make these hard person on you proud of you. you will then see yourself becoming one of them, little at a time, but very shurly...

there is certenly an existing #### some where, but more often mentors for ya.

i hope this tell you a bit more and there is nothing personel there, just help and compation...

if this is your ultimate dream, wake up!!! don't loose it budy

cheers :blink: :shock: :unsure::wacko: :angry: :huh:;):) :up: :punk:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the pep talk. The helicopter industry is just like my last career, as a commercial/profesional diver. very very simmilar. starting from the bottom and lots of long days and hard work. with one major exception. if low time divers were treated like the guys treat low time pilots, a lot of these "surley old farts" would be tosed off the rigs or bludgened to death with a kirby morgan helmet ;)

I still think its criminal the way the future of the industry is treated. but most are young lads, lacking in life experience, and haven't seen what it's like to be treated as a professional.

if low time divers were treated like the guys treat low time pilots, a lot of these "surley old farts" would be tosed off the rigs or bludgened to death with a kirby morgan helmet

So what happens when a low time diver doesn't do his job and lets the whole company down?? Do you guys have a big circle jerk, hold hands, hug and tell him it's ok if he's a f*** up. Of course you wouldn't want to hurt his feelings!!

I would think in a dangerous job like professional diving, you guys wouldn't put up with incompetence, but what do I know?

At the kiddie table with the rest of the newbies

[/quot

Thats where I was seated and pretty fortunate to be there. Suck it up you little b1tches. If you don't like it get off your moms tit and go get a 9 to 5 and leave the benefits of sacrifice to the people who earned it.

amen jetbox, amen

maybe some of the other readers would prefer to deal in a more loving, caring, nuturing way like wake up a sleepy low-timer with a warm cup of coccoa and soothingly rub his feet till he decides to rouse himself from a delightful slumber then have a wonderful ohpra moment and explain how your people too and have feelings and blah,blah,blah. if you're not the guy that can fire him, and are not "that other guy' that runs to the C.P. and tattles then I think it's o.k. to be 'that guy' that wakes his sorry *** up and makes it go to work, however rudely you want to.

I disagree that the touchy feely way instills anything in anybody other than they can get away with sh*t and still carry on like nothing happened

I have read alot of people dambing this type of thing and saying its the wrong way to do it< BUT no one actually said how they would put this superior way of theirs into action, other than fire the guy, which I can't do

instead of just hacking on me and jetbox and others that feel the way we do why not offer up some of this worldly advice, and NOT just the "I'D PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH"stuff, which by the way is soooooooooooo professional. cause if stuff like that is all you have to say then why not add the story about the time you were inverted, missing ablade, engine #1 out and #2 on fire blah, blah, blah

**** you said you kicked his door off its hinges and you don't like it when he offers to punch you in the mouth hmmmm do we have a rather large ego. If you would have kicked my door down you would have found out what happens next show some respect not every body thinks you are a larger than life figure. If you have a problem with somebody deal with them using the proper channels don't post on a bloody forum this is very poor taste.You say that his boss won't deal with this person maybe he is not the problem maybe you should look at yourself. Steve Schulte.

You would never read about such offensive anti-social behaviour on any other work related forum......let alone have others defending it. This "school yard" bullying seems to be prevalent throughout this industry in Canada, from operators on down.......why is that do you think?

So what happens when a low time diver doesn't do his job and lets the whole company down?? Do you guys have a big circle jerk, hold hands, hug and tell him it's ok if he's a f*** up. Of course you wouldn't want to hurt his feelings!!

I would think in a dangerous job like professional diving, you guys wouldn't put up with incompetence, but what do I know?

it's not tollerated. the kid gets fired, and you get a new one. the end. it's proffessional. unlike, it seems, the behavior of some posting in this forum.

have some self respect and act like the proffessional you're supposed to be.

it's not tollerated. the kid gets fired, and you get a new one. the end. it's proffessional. unlike, it seems, the behavior of some posting in this forum.

have some self respect and act like the proffessional you're supposed to be.

hey man ,

you must get out of this #### by shuting down your #### thrower...

other wise, your gona find yourself whith a foot on the head eating it...... trust me.

time for you to move on and have a **** of a reflexion... it's getting psycho...

mama's tities will give you comfort, have a sip and than a long nap....

again , nothing perso there, but right now, it's enough...

:huh:

Agreed Amphib.

Another sore spot for me is apprentices. When I was first hired with about 6 other apprentices we pumped the daily grind at the hanger in the summer not seeing a helicopter for days. none of us liked being treated like the bottom of the #### bucket, but this is the life we choose. painting, construction, paint stripping (not on aircraft) mopping, cleaning the kitchen, and trapping mice. Are just some of the dirty and downright shite jobs we where given. I spent 4 months doing these jobs before I did any sort of meaningful work on a helicopter. at the time it sucked but it makes sense. The employer just need to see some sort of competence and commitment in a person before they let them loose with a wrench.

Now it is quite different the apprentices are coming in much larger numbers and are expecting to work on helicopters the day they walk in the door. With some individuals, not all, I have even seen complaining when they have to do less than glamorous jobs. even bitching because they are working on a less than "cool" helicopter in their mind "I want to work on the mediums, not these stupid (insert name of light helicopter here)"

The lack of respect and self entitlement of some younger fresh out of school individuals is astounding. but we still coddle them to the teat and tell them they are special.

So in short if it doesn't border physical/verbal abuse this type of behavior deserves a little hard talking once and a while. and if some people quit to go crying home to mommy then so be it. We don't want you anyways, go be a go cart mechanic you self important F U Cks