Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Universal along with Lake Else closed.

DGP

On 6/11/2020 at 10:48 PM, drkrider said:

Rene closed Ultra over a decade ago. I helped load the last two Jet Rangers C-GBPB, and C-FALE on trailers. BPB went to a Christian Flight school in Three Hills and ALE went out east to spray. We had a really good crew there it was sad to see it shut down. 

Did Ultra have their hangar just East of Grimshaw? There was another small operator in Manning or thereabouts. The name Atech rings a bell. Also, was there a company called Nationwide around there? It’s strange how things come back to you years later. There was also Venture in Calgary.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, freakadapter said:

Did Ultra have their hangar just East of Grimshaw? There was another small operator in Manning or thereabouts. The name Atech rings a bell. Also, was there a company called Nationwide around there? It’s strange how things come back to you years later. There was also Venture in Calgary.

Yes, Ultra was just outside Grimshaw. 

Black Swan is also just south of Grimshaw and had a base in Manning. There was another operator in Manning too, but I've forgotten the name.

No time to read all these pages, sorry for any repeats.

Edgeworth Helicopters in Salmon Arm

Michael Air in Vernon,

Conair Helicopters,from Frontier, Abbotsford BC

Heli-Forex, my first employer in Val d'Or QC

Caribou Chilcotin Lillooet BC

On 6/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, freakadapter said:

Yes Ultra's hangar was just east of Grimshaw, there's a trucking company running out of there now.. 

Valley B is still operating out of Manning.

Rene was such a knowledgable and experienced fella, with a kind heart. They had a good thing going there and a great relationship with forestry. Too bad kookoo bird and their lawyer convinced him to shut the doors with zero notice to the dedicated team of staff who'd been working their butts off all winter to save the company... I still remember being followed around like a shoplifter as we packed up our personal gear. They even hid the remote for the TV!

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, Three_Per said:

You can probably find a few in this photo 

zVAQhN4.jpg

I see you have found my collection. 

I was handed down these patches from a family member who got me into this industry. He was also an AME and taught at Canadore for something like 30 years and is now retired. (This is not all of them, just what fit in that shadowbox and was helicopter related)