Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Cheap A/c For Hire

bs205

I've read the post also, repeatedly... I don't thing ame206350 ever mentioned someone referred to in this thread had stolen fuel. He said that one should read the posts about the fuel theft and implied that this may be the tip of the iceberg in this sketchy area. I can't discern to which operator this "liable" statement was directed.

RH1

(post# 2)

That's sad! How tha **** can anybody sell a B3 for so cheap. Dude probably cuts his own hair. Well at least with guardian watching ovr the fuel supply we know nothing will go missing. Ha Ha.

(post# 31)

However, if a certain operator wants to bid this low, then make a profit by stealing other people's fuel i.e. XXXXXXX, then sling all the poo you can !!!

(post# 57)

Look at the posts that mention stolen fuel....tip of the iceberg. It's a slippery slope and I think most people in the industry have some sense of this.

IMPLIED goes a long way... and until those making the IMPLIED statements provide factual evidence to support their comments, they should resist defaming the competion.

(and for your information RH1... the word is "libel")

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the post also, repeatedly... I don't thing ame206350 ever mentioned someone referred to in this thread had stolen fuel. He said that one should read the posts about the fuel theft and implied that this may be the tip of the iceberg in this sketchy area. I can't discern to which operator this "liable" statement was directed.

It's unfortunate that just a year ago rates were somewhat premo and now they're in the tank. Yes, there is information missing as to where the operators are financially and no one but the person(s) making the decisions should know what's good for them. Time will tell if their decisions now will turn out to be good ones.

It's a touchy subject for everyone and both camps have justifiable arguments. 'nuf said... :rolleyes:

RH1

Thanks RH - I certainly was NOT implying (or otherwise) that anyone had stolen anything. I was pointing out to 212 that if we all start sewering our rates that normally the money has to be made up from somewhere and running that lean on profit can lead to problems.

I have no knowledge of any wrongdoing - I simply said it's a "slippery slope" and these are the kinds of things that can happen. As far as what others posted (or implied) I have no comment.

I suppose that everyone complaining about these competetive operators also complain when Air Canada or Westjet have a seat sale and drop their prices.

You're comparing apples and oranges. These low-ball offers should be compared with cheap, low-quality, discount airlines.

I also assume that they complain when GM, Ford and Chrysler reduce their auto prices when dealers have carlots overflowing with inventory, or offer cashback incentives and reduced financing costs to move product.

Again, comparing apples and oranges. If a dealer offered you a Ferrari for half price, you have to wonder and ask why? Something, somewhere isn't right.

I think AME206350 should drink a big tall foaming glass of shut the #@!$ up! and maybe take some happy pills or whatever, do you work or just stare at vertical forums all day? If you are over in Whistler why do you even care?

....of course that is just what I think, I am looking forward to flying for the beetle again this winter, lots and lots of hours!

Stab Bar- you must be my long lost twin. You took all the words out of my mouth. These companies are definitely in desparation mode and will soon go the way of the dodo bird- just like NMH. By the way, without mentioning names, we have had a tremendous fuel theft problem here in northern BC. We have actually now had a company install motion activated cameras at one fuel site that has seen the greatest amount of theft. This will put a huge crinkle in a particularly famous company's plan which usually involves stealing everyone elses fuel. Cheers.

Oh yeah 212Dude- nothing against you personally or the company you work for which I don't even know, but one of the companies mentioned early on in this discussion has been caught red-handed by our pilots stealing our fuel which was clearly labelled. I hope they come back soon so we can post some good you-tube theft video footage. After we go to the RCMP first of course.

Fly safe.

Hold a a minute! I don't see how theft could be such a problem considering how forthright,honest and dare I use the word Professional we are in this indusrty. bahhhhhhh.

As for flying lots of hours, what hours.? These are real shrimpy contracts spread out over many months.

Anyone know what happened to the Mediums that where requested in the bid????